Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

how is the i7-6700k gpu performing?

jackhong
Beginner

hello everyone

I am ready to use 4K encoder(H264) in my application, nividia GPU is a choice,

but I have been using intel GPU, so I want to known how is the i7-6700k gpu performing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

it will be 60+ fps on AVC 4K transcode in Speed mode

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure if fully understood what you are exactly asking for. You might want to provide more details.

The Intel® Core-i7-6700K-Processore is coming with Intel® HD Graphics 530. Performance evaluations can be done using the sample code provided with the Intel® Media Server Studio which can be downloaded here. You can use the encoder sample from that package for benchmarking.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
jackhong
Beginner
sorry, I didn't describe clearly, now, I don't have the i7-6700k, I want to first know HD530's coding performance of 4K in h264, then decide whether I buy it.
0 Kudos
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

Jackhong, do you want to know how many 4K AVC realtimes encoding or compare with some your previous CPU?

0 Kudos
jackhong
Beginner

hi, Alexey Fadeev

want to know how many 4K AVC realtimes encoding on HD530 GPU.

0 Kudos
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

it will be 60+ fps on AVC 4K transcode in Speed mode

0 Kudos