Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

how to deal with the error MFX_ERR_MORE_SURFACE

xiaozha
Beginner
Hi,

I am writing a decoder over Intel media sdk and meet a problem:

When I useMFX_IMPL_HARDWARE which means implenting by harware to initial a session of decoder, I got therightresult, but when I useMFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE , I got the the wrong ordered- frames, which means some frames that should be disapear later disapeared first.

I guess what makes me wrong is the wrong way to deal withMFX_ERR_MORE_SURFACE.

So, my question is that why did I get right result byMFX_IMPL_HARDWARE while wrong result byMFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE , and how to deal withMFX_ERR_MORE_SURFACE? the comments ofMFX_ERR_MORE_SURFACE is /*expect more surface at output*/ , and , i don't how to fix the decoder.

hoping for help:)

btw, quick sync video is great!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Xiaozha,

There are many differences between the hardware and software implementations. In many cases the software implementation requires more surfaces to process the decode operation.

The decode sample should be a good place to start. Example 1 in the reference manual also shows thesteps you will need to implement a decoder.

I suspect that there may be a problem with where you run QueryIOSurf and allocate frames. If you are still having trouble after comparing your code with the sample please post a code snippet,attach your test code, or summarize with psuedocode -- whatever you think is most appropriate. More information about your implementation could help us find the problem.

Glad you're enjoying working with quick sync video. We're pretty excited about it too. :)

Jeff
0 Kudos
xiaozha
Beginner
Hijeff

Thank you very much,by your advice and the sample_decode, I solved my problem just right now.

Thank you!

Xiaozha
0 Kudos