Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

i965_drv_video.so not found on CentOS 7.1

Ken_S_
Beginner

Hi there,

We tried to switch our development from SLES11 / MSS R3 to CentOS 7.1 / MSS R6. While I am setting up CentOS 7.1, I found that the MSDK won't run. libva is looking for /usr/lib64/dri/i965_drv_video.so which is not found on the system. 
I workaround the issue by soft-link i965_drv_video.so to iHD_drv_video.so. Then, everything works!

Two questions:
1) Do you see any problem of pointing the drive to iHD_drv_video.so?
2) Why would libva look for i965_drv_video.so? Am I missing some components during the installation?

Here is my system information:
Kernel: 3.10.0-229.1.2.39163.MSSr4.el7.centos.x86_64
MSDK: Media Server Studio Essentials 2015 R6
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Thanks,
Ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ken, 

i965 is not an Intel driver, the reason of the failure while running samples possibly could be the  permissions, you might not be added as a video group which is a requisite mentioned in the install. 
Is this the error you are seeing, when running samples?

libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with operation failed,driver_name=i965
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
  what():  Loading of VA display was failed
Aborted (core dumped)

If you add the user to media group the o/p will look like - 
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Decoding Sample Version 6.0.16043175.175

n case, you are set up a usergroup and still see the issue, then please copy the complete failure you see. We will look into it. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Ken_S_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

You are right. I added myself to video group and the sample code is loading iHD_* driver.

Thank you!
Ken

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Great! Closing this thread, please start a new topic if you have any Media Server Studio/Media SDK related question. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos