Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

link libmfx.a: unrecognized relocation (0x2a) in section `.text`

blackjack__blackjack

version: MSS Community Edition 2018 R2

system:  Centos 7.4.1078(Core version 3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64)(cmake2.8.12)(binutils 2.25)(gcc 4.8.5)

double check installation:

run `vainfo | grep -v unknown` is OK

run `./sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 ../content/test_stream.h264 -o::h264 test_out.h264 -hw -la` from MediaSamples_Linux_bin*.tar.gz is OK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response, I wanted to help you but got busy with other project.

The error you report seems not related to Media SDK but the environment of your system, see the following post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46058050/unable-to-compile-unrecognized-relocation

Did you do more investigation after you post?

Here is your original post since it missed here:

when build the samples of  Media Server Studio 2018 R2 on Centos 7.4.1078(Core version 3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64)(cmake2.8.12)(binutils 2.25)(gcc 4.8.5), it occurs  error: 
/usr/bin/ld: /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib/lin_x64/libmfx.a(main.cpp.o): unrecognized relocation (0x2a) in section '.text'

Mark

0 Kudos
Li__Chance
Beginner

Hi Liu, Mark:

I encountered the exactly same problem on Centos 7.4.1078.

Can you share the environment libmfx.a is built from INTEL,

Maybe the versions of the build tools in Centos 7.4 is not compatible to INTEL's.

Thank you.

0 Kudos