Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

lookahead support on HW 1.10

RyanS
New Contributor I

Where can I find documentation about lookahead rate control support on various platforms? It works fine on my Haswell HW 1.11 system but is apparently not supported on my Ivy Bridge HW 1.10 system. The reference doc says it should be supported from 1.7 or 1.8 I believe.

The failure is MFXVideoENCODE->Init() returns -15 MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM when I ask for lookahead. I'm running the same code on the two machines.

My Ivy Bridge system has:

Graphics Devices:
        Name                                         Version             State
        Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000                    10.18.10.3621       Active
        AMD Radeon R9 200 Series                     14.100.0.0          08

System info:
        CPU:    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
        Arch:   64-bit

Installed Media SDK packages (be patient...processing takes some time):
        Intel« Media SDK 2014 R2 for Clients (x64)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ryan,

The reason for not Look ahead mode not working on Ivy Bridge is because it is not supported. From the development guide :
There are some limitations to LA that need to be noted for the Intel Media SDK 2014 release:
- Look Ahead is only available on Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics, Intel® Iris™ Graphics and Intel®
HD Graphics (4200+ Series)

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos