Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

media sdk encode file with only one i slice

IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
cmd: C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Media SDK\\3.0.442.32245 Beta3\\bin\\win32>sample_encode.exe mvc -i d:/left.yuv -i d:/right.yuv -o d:/ims.mvc -w 1920 -h 1080

i found that mvc file has only one i slice, others are all b and p slices.
how can i modify gop size?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Length of GOP is controlled by GopPicSize field in mfxInfoMFX structure which is passed to encoder Init function. Sample is a simple application which doesn't allow setting it from the command line, so it specifies GopPicSize=0 which makes GOP size to be default (some very big number usually).

You can modify sample_encode application to accept a newoption from command line to control GOP length or in simple case you can hardcode it inside of CEncodingPipeline::InitMfxEncParams function which initializes encoder parameters.
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Thanks, it's working.
0 Kudos