Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

media sdk h264 encode performance

lu_q_
Beginner

Hi, I have the Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz. How could I know this cpu can support how many sessions encode raw 1920*1080 rgb frames to h264 video 30fps  Simultaneously.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello there - You could use the sample_multi_transcode code example to get the numbers you are looking for. This sample allows you to run multiple instances of transcode, and prints the transcode performance (in fps) at the end of the execution. That is a good way to get what you want. (You can download the samples from here - https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support/code-samples)

From my experiments on i7-4770R, for HD resolution AVC transcodes, you should see ~12 transcodes that can happen real-time or better. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos