Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

mfx_codec_jpeg missing a kind of IJL_JBUFF_READONEEIGHTH

Ralf_K_
Beginner

while testing Intel Media Jpeg codec i can't find a similar option like scaled decoding options from ijl

// Scaled Decoding Options:

IJL_JBUFF_READONEHALF // Reads a JPEG image scaled to 1/2 size.

IJL_JBUFF_READONEQUARTER // Reads a JPEG image scaled to 1/4 size.       

IJL_JBUFF_READONEEIGHTH // Reads a JPEG image scaled to 1/8 size.       

This option is very important, because it allows to reduce 
extremely the required CPU or GPU usage 

In case of IJL_JBUFF_READONEEIGHTH you will need 1/64 CPU/GPU and 1/64 Memory for decoded surface space. 

I've seen the option for rotation 90/180/270 degree at decoding stage, which is good, but scaling option is much more interesting in case of required scale operation in VPP-Stage.

Is this option already available? If yes, can you give me a hint how to use it?

Ralf

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ralf, 

IJL is part of Intel Integrated performance primitive.  If you have a question on IJL, this forum - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/ might be right place to ask. In VPP, we have post and pre-processing filters to process the stream before encoding or after decoding. As far as I know we don't have such an operation in MSDK, but I will check with experts and provide feedback to engineering team to improve our product.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos