Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

mfxExtVPPDetail DetailFactor not working?

MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

DetailFactor 0-100 value (inclusive) to indicate the level of details to be enhanced.

Is this VPP detail factor 0-100 value thing working correctly? There is no difference between 1 or 100 for me. Details are enhanced but I can't set the strength to my liking.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Yups, 

We do not have any known open issues on this feature. But, we will like to investigate this further and it will be really helpful if you could please share with me further details like OS, log from System analyzer, reproducer and detail factor value you are passing etc.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Thanks Yups. I tested detail factor on my end and it worked on latest Skylake drivers(20.19.15.4380). Hence, I am requesting again to share more details on your testing environment (as you mentioned "No difference") like System analyzer log ? A reproducer? input stream? Snapshots? etc. So, we can reproduce the issue visible on your end and investigate further. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos