Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

mfxInitParam.GPUCopy

Mihail_P_
Beginner

I have a question about the usage of this field.

Which of the two scenarios could benefit more from this field: 

1. Decode into GPU memory with (IOPattern = MFX_IOPATTERN_OUT_VIDEO_MEMORY) with following locking surface

2. Decode directly into system memory (IOPattern = MFX_IOPATTERN_OUT_SYSTEM_MEMORY)

Does this feature has any specific software/hardware requirements?

Will it work on Core i7-4790 with HD4600 graphics?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Mihail,

GPUCopy is used to "enable or disable GPU accelerated copying between video and system memory in the SDK components", as described in mediasdk-man.pdf. In the two cases you mentioned above, since #2 uses system memory, it will benefit more for this feature. There is no specific SW/HW requirements for this feature as long as the system satisfy the requirements in Release Notes. So yes, it will work on Core i7-4790 with HD4600 graphics. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

Shaojuan, thank you!

1-st case is using system memory too since there`s a surface lock procedure but I got your point.

0 Kudos