Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

mpeg2 muxer filter is not friendly?

ektwo
Beginner
Please help...

Does mpeg2 muxer filter can be connected to the otherfilter? (except microsoft file writer)

Even a directx sample dump filter, still can not work done.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi,

As far as I understand it the Media SDK muxer filters require the downstream filter to support the "IStream" interface. The IStream interface is used by the FileWriter to support timestamps and to finalize the file after completed streaming.

The sample Dump filter does not support the IStream interface but if you'd like you could extend the filter with that functionality to be able to control what gets dumped to file.

What is the reason you cannot use the generic FileWriter filter for your purposes?

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,

We test with FileWriter only (so this is the only usage we guarantee). Which filter are you trying to connect the muxer to and what is the need? If you have the source code of the filter you may try to debug and try to find out why the connection is refused.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
ektwo
Beginner
Hi Nina,

the problem i faced is that i cannot connect Media SDK mpeg2 muxer to dump filter

The dump filter is microsoft directshow samples provided in the windows sdk.($(MicrosoftSDKs)\Samples\multimedia\directshow\filters\dump)

faailure 0x80040217 on connect pin to muxer filter with dump filter. Even the dump filter's completeconnect() return S_OK.

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi,

As far as I understand it the Media SDK muxer filters require the downstream filter to support the "IStream" interface. The IStream interface is used by the FileWriter to support timestamps and to finalize the file after completed streaming.

The sample Dump filter does not support the IStream interface but if you'd like you could extend the filter with that functionality to be able to control what gets dumped to file.

What is the reason you cannot use the generic FileWriter filter for your purposes?

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos