Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

mux/demux binaries

iroeville
Beginner
In the documentation it says that the imc_* DirectShow mux and demux filter binaries are for development only and are not allowed to be delivered/redistributed.

Then how is the free "Cineform Studio Software" allowed to do that?

http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/

The installation folder contains:

imc_aac_dec_ds.dll
imc_aac_enc_ds.dll
imc_mp4_mux_ds.dll
imc_mp4_spl_ds.dll

Does this means that Intel do have a redistributable version of these DirectShow filters?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hi iroeville,

Thanks for your question. The mux and demux filters still remain development filters designed to work with our samples to help illustrate a complete dshow pipeline. That being said, there have been exceptions weve made with our close partners as youve discovered.

We discussed your post internally today, and have decided to readdress the licensing for these filters sometime next week. Ill have more to say as we define what our plans will be.

Id like to open the topic up to the community at large - would you find it valuable to release these filters with source? What formats/Pins would be most valuable?

Why not use other more production level splitters and muxers that are out there? I am just trying to gauge the need out there.

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
iroeville
Beginner
I would certainly be interested in looking at these, particularly if the source code is made available. This could open up possibilities for adding custom features and tweaks which would not be possible with most commercial muxers and splitters which are only provided as feature-locked binaries.

I'm mostly interested in muxing (rather than demuxing) to MPEG-2 Program Stream, but I think the Intel sample muxer only supports Transport Stream which is a pity.
0 Kudos