Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

no 'object' file generated

Shiwani_A_
Beginner

Hello ,

I installed the INDE and am trying to build the SDK example sample_full_transcode from visual basic but I am getting following two errors :

Error C2220 warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated sample_full_transcode C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\deprecated\sample_full_transcode\src\muxer_wrapper.cpp 76

Warning C4456 declaration of 'sts' hides previous local declaration sample_full_transcode C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\deprecated\sample_full_transcode\src\muxer_wrapper.cpp 76

And when I am doing the compile option of visual basic to w3 this error gets removed but another comes up which is :

LNK1104 cannot open file 'libmfx_d.lib' sample_full_transcode LINK 1

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks 
Shiwani
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

There is FFmpeg dependency in sample_full_transcode, and the FFmpeg version that is validated with Samples is version 2.0.2. Please refer to Media Samples Guide for more information.

Regarding to "libmfx_d.lib" link error, I guess you were trying to build it in Debug mode, this is a known issue in the current release, and will be fixed in the next release. To work around this issue, you can try to build it in Release mode instead, or, in Debug mode, you can just change libmfx_d.lib to libmfx.lib here: Property Pages->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input. Please let us know if this doesn't work. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

There is FFmpeg dependency in sample_full_transcode, and the FFmpeg version that is validated with Samples is version 2.0.2. Please refer to Media Samples Guide for more information.

Regarding to "libmfx_d.lib" link error, I guess you were trying to build it in Debug mode, this is a known issue in the current release, and will be fixed in the next release. To work around this issue, you can try to build it in Release mode instead, or, in Debug mode, you can just change libmfx_d.lib to libmfx.lib here: Property Pages->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input. Please let us know if this doesn't work. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Shiwani_A_
Beginner

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply that solves me the above mentioned issue . But on building it gives me 10 warnings : 

libmfx.lib(main.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(main.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_critical_section.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_critical_section.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_dispatcher.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_dispatcher.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_dxva2_device.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_dxva2_device.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_function_table.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_function_table.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_library_iterator.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_library_iterator.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_load_plugin.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_load_plugin.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_plugin_hive.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_plugin_hive.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

libmfx.lib(mfx_win_reg_key.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib(mfx_win_reg_key.obj)' or at 'C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_build\x64\Debug\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

sample_full_transcode.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\deprecated\sample_full_transcode\..\..\_build\x64\Debug\sample_full_transcode.exe

Please it would be helpful if you explain me this error and suggest some workarounds  .

Thanks ,
Shiwani
0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Those LNK4099 errors are related to some compilers, you can ignore those warning messages. Seems that sample_full_transcode.exe was generated successfully, were you able to run it?

0 Kudos
Shiwani_A_
Beginner

Hi Shaojuan ,

I run the generated executables but on running it is giving me following error :

C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_bin\x64>sample_full_transcode.exe  -i file.mp4  -o out.mp4  -v:b 2000 -acodec:copy  -hw
pipeline_profile.cpp :169 [INFO] Track 0   : Video enabled
pipeline_profile.cpp :164 [INFO] Track 1   : Audio enabled
pipeline_manager.cpp :88 [INFO] Input     : file.mp4
pipeline_manager.cpp :89 [INFO] NumTracks : 2
pipeline_manager.cpp :90 [INFO] Output    : out.mp4
session_storage.cpp :47 [INFO] Audio library of specified version was not found
session_storage.cpp :70 [ERROR] pVideoSession->Init(m_impl, &m_ver), sts=-3
main.cpp :71 [ERROR] Exiting...

Can you explain me this error and please provide a workaround .

Regards ,
Shiwani
0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Shiwani,

I don't see this issue at our end. To debug the issue, can you please send us the system details - run system analyzer tool located @ C:\Intel\media_sdk_6.0.**\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\ and let us know the o/p to check the system configuration.
Also, send us the mp4 file you are using to run the sample, so that we can produce the same issue at our end.

Please note that sample_full_transcode has a ffmpeg 2.0.2 version dependency to run the code, this is explained in the media sample guide present in samples package.

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Shiwani_A_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi ,

The attach media is not authorising me to attach the file . So i am just copying the content of the  system analyser file .

Intel® Media Software Development Kit
System Analyzer

Overview

Features

System Requirements

Using the Software

Known Limitations

Legal Information

Overview

The Intel® Media SDK System Analyzer utility analyzes the system and reports back Intel Media SDK related capabilities, driver and components status. The tool can be used to determine environment issues with regards to specific version of Intel Media SDK or Intel® HD Graphics driver.

Features

When executed, the tool reports back the following information in clear text:

1. 1.    Intel® Media SDK API version support matrix determining if software or hardware implementation is available. If the hardware device is located on non-default adapter, the Intel graphics adapter number is specified (if active).
  2. 2.    Enumerates the installed graphic adapters. Active adapter is marked.
  3. 3.    Provides basic system information, such as CPU name and OS type.
  4. 4.    Lists installed Intel Media SDK packages/versions.
  5. 5.    Lists the installed Intel Media SDK Microsoft* DirectShow* filters.
  6. 6.    Lists the installed Intel Media SDK Microsoft* Media Foundation Transforms (MFT).
  7. 7.    Provides some tips for solutions in case either software or hardware implementation does not work.

System Requirements

See <install-folder>\mediasdk_release_notes.rtf for system requirements.

Using the Software

Execute “<install-folder>\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\win32\sys_analyzer.exe or
<install-folder>\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\x64\sys_analyzer.exe

The tool will start reporting system status immediately. When done the user can exit the tool by pressing any key.

Note: Querying the system for installed Intel® Media SDK packages may take some time. Please be patient.

Example Output:

Intel Media SDK System Analyzer (64 bit)

The following versions of Media SDK API are supported by platform/driver:

Version Target  Supported       Dec     Enc
        1.0     HW      Yes             X       X
        1.0     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.1     HW      Yes             X       X
        1.1     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.3     HW      Yes             X       X
        1.3     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.4     HW      Yes             X       X
        1.4     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.5     HW      No
        1.5     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.6     HW      No
        1.6     SW      Yes             X       X
        1.7     HW      No
        1.7     SW      No

Graphics Devices:
        Name                         Version             State
        Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000    9.17.10.2857        Active

System info:
        CPU:    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz
        Arch:   64-bit

Installed Media SDK packages (be patient...processing takes some time):
        Intel« Media SDK 2013 (x64)

Installed Media SDK DirectShow filters:
  Intel« Media SDK H.264 Encoder :
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK 2013\samples\_bin\x64\h264_enc_filter.dll
  Intel« Media SDK AAC Decoder :
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK 2013\samples\_bin\x64\imc_aac_dec_ds.dll

Installed Intel Media Foundation Transforms:
  Intel« Hardware VC-1 Decoder MFT : {059A5BAE-5D7A-4C5E-8F7A-BFD57D1D6AAA}
  Intel« Media SDK H.264 Decoder MFT : {0855C9AC-BC6F-4371-8954-671CCD4EC16F}

Analysis complete... [press ENTER]

A few command line options are also available:

-skipPackage : Skip query for installed Media SDK packages

-skipDShow   : Skip query for installed DirectShow filters

-skipMFT     : Skip query for installed MFTs

-skipWait    : Do not wait for user key press on analysis completion

Known Limitations

• •    The tool may not be able to provide a full report in case Microsoft* Windows* Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is not running. If you encounter this issue, please explore if it is possible to activate this feature via Microsoft Windows Control Panel settings on your machine.

The video file was a normal mp4 file . Info regarding that file is :

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'f.mp4':

Metadata:

major_brand     : mp42

minor_version   : 0

compatible_brands: isommp42

creation_time   : 2015-05-29 11:56:22

Duration: 00:00:59.72, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 530 kb/s

Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 640x360 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 431 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 50 tbc (default)

Metadata:

handler_name    : VideoHandler

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 96 kb/s (default)

Metadata:

creation_time   : 2015-05-29 11:56:22

handler_name    : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011

Thanks ,

Shiwani

0 Kudos