Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

noGPB Question

Celio_A_
Beginner

Hi

I'm trying to figure out to add to sample_multi_transcode noGPB (regular P frames) in HEVC Software encoding mode

I tryed to follow sample_encode that have the noGPB option but it dont work

Can someone show me some code examples for sample_multi_transcode? I want to use for transcoding with sample_multi_transcode because

it are more fast for encoding than sample_encode, sample_encode need read from disk the YUV data

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

In pipeline_transcode.cpp, mfxStatus CTranscodingPipeline::InitEncMfxParams(sInputParams *pInParams)

(around line 2163 in the version I am looking at)

change

bool addCodingOpt3 = false;

to

bool addCodingOpt3 = true;
    m_CodingOption3.GPB = MFX_CODINGOPTION_OFF;

This will turn of general P/B frames to enable a mix of P and B.  I left out plugging together changes throughout the code to add a new command line option but hopefully this is a start.

0 Kudos
Celio_A_
Beginner

OK i managed to add noGPB to sample_multi_transcode but it only work for VBR, AVBR, i tested it and CQP don't work it just Stay GPB like M= 24 N=24 and for VBR, AVBR its working M=24 N=4

​Regards

0 Kudos