Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

older media sdk download

Darren_B_
Beginner

I have a program that currently uses the Intel Media SDK for video encoding.  The sdk has not been updated in a while and the exact version of libmfxsw32.dll is: file version 4.12.12.3 and product version 4.0.0000.... so it's a fairly old version we are using.

We are investigating two things. 1. Updating to new 32 bit binaries from the 2016 Media SDK that was recently released.  2.  Updating our application to 64 bit.  After doing either 1 or 2 the performance is noticeably worse.  Simply putting the older dll back fixes the problem but I do not have the older 64bit binaries.

Is it possible to get an older version of the SDK with sample code and open source so that I can get access to older 64 bit dlls?  

Is there anything in particular that I should look for that may explain this performance degradation?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Darren,

Apologies, as our current policy is not to make older releases of the SDK available for download.

There are several factors like Direct X implementation app is using, OS on the machine, Async depth etc. It will hard for us to provide inputs on observed performance hit with above issue description provided. But, if you could share more information about your application, scenario and system information, it will provide us better insight into your issue and we can recommend our suggestions. Please follow the format here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/531083.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos