Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

oneVPL samples not running

RAror6
New Contributor I

I get a ton of errors when running oneVPL samples in the oneapi-cli. (Let's take the memory integration example for instance)

These errors include '/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/beta07/inteloneapi/vpl/latest/lib/libopencv_world.so: undefined reference to `gtk_file_chooser_add_filter'

and many such similar errors.

What can I do to fix this? I have sourced the oneAPI environment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @RAror6,

Apologies for the delay in my response. These issues are caused by linking to the OpenCV included in oneVPL package. To avoid needing to install libgtk and all of its dependencies, please try to link to the OpenCV provided by OpenVINO instead.

This should allow you to build and run the oneVPL samples. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi RAror6,

Thanks for reaching out. May I ask which oneVPL version and OS used? Also what are the steps you have followed which give you those errors when building the samples. Any details that could help reproduce the problem would be great, if you have the full log detail please share that as well.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

Hello Luis,

Thank you for your response. I am running my examples on DevCloud. 

To recreate this error I source the oneapi environment, then I run 'oneapi-cli' in DevCloud and pick a CPP example of oneVPL. I build it (by using cmake and the instructions in the ReadMe file). When I go to run it get cmake errors and linker errors in the opencv shared object file.

Hope this information helps! Thank you

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

Hey Luis,

I just wanted to add on to my previous reply. Would it be possible for us to set up a zoom meeting and you could see the error on my screen? I could give you control of my screen on zoom.

This might be quicker than you recreating the error using the steps i gave you earlier. I am an intern at Dell Technologies and I am in a time sensitive part of my internship right now so the zoom option might be quicker and better. We could always make another reply on this post answering the original question once we figure it out.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @RAror6,

Apologies for the delay in my response. These issues are caused by linking to the OpenCV included in oneVPL package. To avoid needing to install libgtk and all of its dependencies, please try to link to the OpenCV provided by OpenVINO instead.

This should allow you to build and run the oneVPL samples. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos