Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

performance on latest release

donglin_q_
Beginner

Hi Guys,

sorry not to go through all your posts ,  i also don't know whether other customers have submitted this requirement:

1. performance data on INTEL GPU like 720p / D1 /CIF / 1080P decode / encode etc.

2. performance data on INTEL CPU (core,xeon) like  720p / D1 /CIF / 1080P decode / encode etc.

much appreciated that you could share upper performance data !!! really thanks!

Thanks,

Denny

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny,

We are sharing performance data here and present them in even more detail in the HEVC White Paper here. The paper and the web page are getting updated on a regular base and Performance updates are getting shared once available. I also want to point you to the appendix of the white paper where show the scripts we are using as well as the methodology in detail on how we are measuring performance so people can reproduce easily on their systems. We are planning to enhance this capability in future releases to be able to share even more performance info.

Please let me know if you have certain configurations in mind which you’d like to see covered in our performance reports.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
donglin_q_
Beginner

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for your reponse!  after looking into performance INFO your mentioned , i feel interest about the performance data for low resolution such as D1 or CIF , if using CPU encode/decode , i can make a rough estimation for low resolution performance data according to their resolution percentage(linearly) ,  but as for GPU encode/decode , in my opinion , perhaps the upper method don't work any more (nonlinearly). is there any rought estimation method to calculate the performance ? 

BestRegards,

Denny

0 Kudos
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny,

I don’t have data to back up my performance expectation. It would be better defining the scenes to use and do the benchmarking using/adjusting the scripts published in the HEVC white paper. Given that the focus area is on high resolution, I doubt that we investigate in lower resolution benchmarking. Though, any kind of feedback on low resolution would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny,

Today we don't have an easy way of generating performance data for all the usecases & resolution. (we are working towards bringing that)

If you are interested then you can download the Intel Media Server Studio community or evaluation version(for free)- https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio/try-buy and download code samples from here which has samples for various use case like  encode, decode, multi stream transcode. These samples can be pretty much used to evaluate performance for specific use cases & resolution. They also print stats like time taken to transcode or decode, number of frames processed. 

Let us know if you have any questions while evaluating Media Server Studio package. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
donglin_q_
Beginner

Thanks all!

evaluations version perhaps only can be used for 30days, don't sure there is a free professional edition to use? community edition can also support H264/MPEG2/VP9/VP8 ? will support H263 in the fulture ?

BestRegards,

Denny

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny, 

Yes, evaluation version is valid for 30days for evaluating any edition (professional or essential). Community edition is same as essential edition minus the Intel Premier Support. Community edition includes support for H264, MPEG2, VP8 codec, professional edition offers all the codecs supported by community edition+HEVC codec support. We don't support H263 codec currently. Is H263 codec support critical to the  for your application.
Please let us know what are your requirements, we will try to support the best we can. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
donglin_q_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Yes , for my application ,  sometimes softphone use H263x codecs for video , so H263/H263+/H263++ should be support. 

BTW, do we support any high-level api for MCU or audio conference ,so that it can be easily integrated into our application.

Thanks again for your support!

BestRegards,

Denny

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny, 

We don't have H263 codec support planned in our roadmap. For audio processing, we support AAC & MP3 codecs, you can find details in audio release notes and they are sw supported. 

-Surbhi

0 Kudos