Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

permannent mfx_wrn_device_busy

Zurab_T_
Beginner
I am transcoding live stream fron mpeg2video to h264. Aome times when i receive corrupted mpeg2video than i am getting permanent loop with mfx_wrn_device_busy. At this moment i am discarding all corrupted frames and it works, but the question is follow: if some times decoder can decode corrupted frame, why it loops permanently in this case?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Zurab,

Thanks for this report.  The device busy feedback should only be temporary.  If it lasts a long time we definitely want to pursue it as a bug.

Some additional information could help:

• Which OS are you using?
  • Which version of Media SDK and driver?
  • Can you reproduce the behavior with the samples or tutorials?  

If the input is coming from a stream instead of a file, one way you might be able to reproduce is by saving the bits to file before sending to decode.  If you see the endless device busy loop you could then try transcoding the file contents from before the hang.  The very best case would be to narrow down to a short mpeg2 file which could replicate the behavior with one of the samples or tutorials.

Regards, Jeff

0 Kudos
Zurab_T_
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

I am using suse enterprise linux server.

here is details

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3

Linux IBM2 3.0.76-0.11-default #1 SMP Fri Jun 14 08:21:43 UTC 2013 (ccab990) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am using mediasdk 2014 r2

I can't find a way how to get driver version.

Ok I will write the bitstream to file and send the file to you.

0 Kudos
Zurab_T_
Beginner

Hi again,

I have recorded video stream. and checked with sample programs, all of them crashes with segfault, but ffplay, or some other video player applications can play it.

here is attached video bitstream file

0 Kudos