Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

question about Video Composition using Intel® Media SDK

Leo_Z_
Beginner

Hi there, 

I'm using msdk developing video wall application, in the article https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/video-composition-using-intel-media-sdk, For Linux platforms, Media SDK provides hardware implementation of the composition feature,(as of SDK version 1.9, this feature is not available on Windows OS), which can composite up-to 16 different video streams. 

it said can composite up-to 16 defferent video streams. I want to know where is the limitation of the video composite? I have tried to composite more video streams, it worked when using system memory, which can composite more than 30 video streams, but failed to allocate frame surface when using video memory to composite 20 video streams.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Leo,

When use video memory to do the  video composite, the media driver limit the input stream one time.

You can do multi times  video composite to support more input steams.

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos