Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

"libmfxsw64_d.dll" and "libmfxsw32_d.dll" on _DEBUG sample build: do they exist?

The samples in the current SDK want the _d names on _DEBUG builds.  I can't find those (sw).  Should I expec to find those?

#if defined(_WIN64)
const
msdk_disp_char * const defaultDLLName[2] = {L"libmfxhw64_d.dll",
                                            L"libmfxsw64_d.dll"};
#elif defined(WIN32)
const
msdk_disp_char * const defaultDLLName[2] = {L"libmfxhw32_d.dll",
                                            L"libmfxsw32_d.dll"};

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

No, you should not expect to find those, as we do not provide the debug DLLs.  Thank you for reporting this bug in the mfx_disptach code.  Please remove the "_d" from the names.  (The debug disptacher should look the same retail DLL as the retail dispatcher).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

First, kudos for making this simple.   I spent months with mediafoundation to get it going (docs/samples are, well, I don't think I have to say more).  Only a day with this SDK.  And it's all simple.  MF is crazy hard.

Another one.  The encoder tutorial, simple_3_encode, offerst to supply fake input with a constant but then does not do anything different.

//
    // Stage 1: Main encoding loop
    //
    while (MFX_ERR_NONE <= sts || MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA == sts)        
    {        
        nEncSurfIdx = GetFreeSurfaceIndex(pEncSurfaces, nEncSurfNum); // Find free frame surface  
        MSDK_CHECK_ERROR(MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND, nEncSurfIdx, MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC);

bool enableFakeInput = false;
#ifndef ENABLE_INPUT
        enableFakeInput = true;
        FILE *fSource = nullptr;
#endif
        sts = LoadRawFrame(pEncSurfaces[nEncSurfIdx], fSource, enableFakeInput);
        MSDK_BREAK_ON_ERROR(sts);

Input sucks up all the time so getting it to fake it makes timing more rellevent.

And againy, well done on this SDK.  At times (all) I think MS purposely makes their stuff crazy hard, at least for those of us on the outside.

One last thing. igfx_s3dcontrol.  Is that used for more than stereo 3D?  I'm not a fan of link warnings (vs 8.0 pdb or whatever) all over the place, but from a very quick look, it handles HW allocs so I have to include the .lib, at least for the demo sample I compiled.  Is that correct?  Need this .lib?  If so, any plans on putting ou thte source as there is for the dispatcher?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

We are happy to hear that you like Intel Media SDK.

The S3D library is only needed in case you plan to render/display S3D content. There are no plans on making the library source code open.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos