Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

"libmfxsw64_d.dll" and "libmfxsw32_d.dll" on _DEBUG sample build: do they exist?

ME
New Contributor I

The samples in the current SDK want the _d names on _DEBUG builds.  I can't find those (sw).  Should I expec to find those?

#if defined(_WIN64)
const
msdk_disp_char * const defaultDLLName[2] = {L"libmfxhw64_d.dll",
                                            L"libmfxsw64_d.dll"};
#elif defined(WIN32)
const
msdk_disp_char * const defaultDLLName[2] = {L"libmfxhw32_d.dll",
                                            L"libmfxsw32_d.dll"};

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

No, you should not expect to find those, as we do not provide the debug DLLs.  Thank you for reporting this bug in the mfx_disptach code.  Please remove the "_d" from the names.  (The debug disptacher should look the same retail DLL as the retail dispatcher).

0 Kudos
ME
New Contributor I

First, kudos for making this simple.   I spent months with mediafoundation to get it going (docs/samples are, well, I don't think I have to say more).  Only a day with this SDK.  And it's all simple.  MF is crazy hard.

Another one.  The encoder tutorial, simple_3_encode, offerst to supply fake input with a constant but then does not do anything different.

//
    // Stage 1: Main encoding loop
    //
    while (MFX_ERR_NONE <= sts || MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA == sts)        
    {        
        nEncSurfIdx = GetFreeSurfaceIndex(pEncSurfaces, nEncSurfNum); // Find free frame surface  
        MSDK_CHECK_ERROR(MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND, nEncSurfIdx, MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC);

bool enableFakeInput = false;
#ifndef ENABLE_INPUT
        enableFakeInput = true;
        FILE *fSource = nullptr;
#endif
        sts = LoadRawFrame(pEncSurfaces[nEncSurfIdx], fSource, enableFakeInput);
        MSDK_BREAK_ON_ERROR(sts);

Input sucks up all the time so getting it to fake it makes timing more rellevent.

And againy, well done on this SDK.  At times (all) I think MS purposely makes their stuff crazy hard, at least for those of us on the outside.

One last thing. igfx_s3dcontrol.  Is that used for more than stereo 3D?  I'm not a fan of link warnings (vs 8.0 pdb or whatever) all over the place, but from a very quick look, it handles HW allocs so I have to include the .lib, at least for the demo sample I compiled.  Is that correct?  Need this .lib?  If so, any plans on putting ou thte source as there is for the dispatcher?

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We are happy to hear that you like Intel Media SDK.

The S3D library is only needed in case you plan to render/display S3D content. There are no plans on making the library source code open.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos