Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode IDirect3DSurface9::UnlockRect

Mihail_P_
Beginner

Greetings

I`ve faced with a strange behavior of sample_decode example in MODE_FILE_DUMP with -d3d option. If I launch this sample project under IDE (VS 2013, Debug or Release configuration, Windows 8.1) - I receive an access violation exception in D3DFrameAllocator::UnlockFrame function, on pSurface->UnlockRect line. If I launch builded sample from the command line - everything works normal.

Does anybody have any idea why this could happen?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mihail,

Can you provide more detailed description of the issue - version of samples, msdk ver. or share the log from system analyzer (<mediaSDK>/tools/analyzer). We have 3 models of which Dump model includes mode_file_dump function which is called by using -o option to perform decoding with YUV dump. psurface is a pointer to d3d9 memory surface and provides a handle to dump the frames. I am assuming as decoded frame are not completely unlocked when you are call dump function, hence access violation flag is raised. What is the exception message code. Are you using modified sample code or is the issue seen with default sample code? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mikhail,

We are able to replicate the issue using -o and -d3d option. Investigating on this issue, will update with a solution/workaround soon. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mikail,

We are able to rootcause the issue only to d3d surface usage. Thank you for bring this to our notice. This bug currently has been escalated and we expect to fix it with our next release. As you are building application on Win 8.1 OS may I suggest using d3d11 surface in the same scenario, we verified and it works with no access violation error.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

Harsh Jain (Intel) wrote:

Hi Mikail,

We are able to rootcause the issue only to d3d surface usage. Thank you for bring this to our notice. This bug currently has been escalated and we expect to fix it with our next release. As you are building application on Win 8.1 OS may I suggest using d3d11 surface in the same scenario, we verified and it works with no access violation error.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, I need to provide comatibility with Windows 7/XP, so I have to use Direct3D9. Though this bug is not critical (only debug mode is affected) it will complicate my work. Is there any workaroud possible from my side?

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

As issue occurs only in debug mode, only workaround would be to try and build in release mode. Agree, it will be bit complicated to work in debug mode. But, I will update once we have the fix and will share engineering version soon.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

Thanks a lot for the assist, will wait for fix

0 Kudos