Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode.exe returns: error code -3

ecomedia
Beginner
Hi,
I am having trouble running the sample_decode.exe. It runs fine w/o the "-hw" switch; however, when I run the command with the switch I am getting
c:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Media SDK\\3.0.442.32245 Beta3\\bin\\x64\\sample_decode -hw h264 -i bbb.h264 -o bbb.yuv
Return on error: error code -3, .\\src\\pipeline_decode.cpp
Return on error: error code 1, .\\src\\sample_decode.cpp 172
The input file is demuxed h264 video
Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ecomedia
Beginner
I solved the issue by loading the latestGraphics: Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows version
Thanks!
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Glad to hear you resolved the issue.
Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
manoj_aggarwal
Beginner
Hello,
I get the same error on using the -hw option.
My computer configuration is
i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB, 64-bit Windows 7, Service Pack 1
The computer also has an installed graphics card GTX460 on PCI-Express bus.
Can Intel Media SDK still leverage the GPU capabilities of the i7-2600K even though a discrete graphics card is installed.
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Manoj,

It seems your issue is due to the installed discrete gfx card. If the gfx card is set as the primary adapter the default Media SDK samples will not work with HW acceleration.

One way to resolve this is to make the Intel GPU the primary adapter (normally via BIOS). Alternatively you can initialize the Media SDK session with the MFX_HARDWARE... target as described in the Media SDK manual appendix.

More info can be found in this forum post:http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=86355&o=a&s=lr

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
Zach_J_1
Beginner

Hi Petter,

I am getting this exact same issue only when using the -hw option.  I have the i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.6GHz.  I am running a MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with bootcamp installed and Windows 7 Ultimate x64.  I installed the lastest bootcamp drivers for my machine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zach 

0 Kudos
Zach_J_1
Beginner

I switched to a 13" MacBook Pro (without a discrete graphics card) and this issue resolved itself.

0 Kudos