Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode fails at Win8.1

SDeut
Beginner

Any decode run with sample_decode.exe under Windows 8.1 leads to an error message per frame:

DwmSetPresentParameters failed with error 0x80004001.

Remaining performance is very low. Tried on my desktop system (HD 2500) and modern Ultrabook (HD 5500).

How can I get sample to work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SDeut
Beginner

appendix:

used IntelMediaSDK_VideoDecodingSample_5.0.461.91752.msi and INDE (w_inde_2015.0.011.exe)

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Stephan,

I'm not seeing any issue with sample_decode on systems with Intel® HD Graphics 5500.

There is a slight update to samples here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-client-solutions-support/code-samples  (currently samples are 5.0.491.98719, and you mentioned 5.0.461.91752, however I'm not aware of any change for sample decode).

Can you please provide the specific command line you are using?  (For example, "sample_decode.exe h264 -i ..\content\test_stream.264 -r")

Can you provide driver OS information?  (the output of C:\Intel\INDE\media_sdk\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\mediasdk_system_analyzer_32.exe and/or C:\Intel\INDE\media_sdk\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\mediasdk_system_analyzer_64.exe would provide this).

Do you see issue if you do not use -r?

The error you mention is simply with D3D rendering and not really the 'Media SDK'.  Is there anything special about your display?

0 Kudos
SDeut
Beginner

Thank you for fast reply. These error messages where only visible in the specific sample archive (5.0.461.91752), newer versions did not show the problem. Since the rendering option seems to be inappropriate for my purpose anyway, I'll switch to "no-render" mode. In this case the error is not thrown.

(used sample_decode.exe h264 -i <file.h264> -r)

0 Kudos