Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode h264 MFXVideoDECODE_Init return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED

ll_v_
Beginner

HI

I modified the sample_decode to realize the simultaneous decoding of multiple H264 files,but one of the them return  MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED when call  MFXVideoDECODE_Init .Why MFXVideoDECODE_Init failed and return  MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bjoern_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

can you share your code so I can look at it?

Thanks & Best,

Bjoern

0 Kudos
ll_v_
Beginner
Hi Bjoern I share the main code of my decoding part.
0 Kudos
Liu__Chao
Beginner

Hi there,

Are you able to find anything yet?

I just upgraded to 2017 and found my code doesn't work any more.

I am using ffmpeg on Linux. The same code works with 2016. I just replaced these binaries from 2016 with 2017 and now MFXVideoDECODE_Init returns -3 (MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED)

0 Kudos
Liu__Chao
Beginner

It's caused by 2017 doesn't support 4th gen CORE. This is really sad... Is Intel trying to use this to persuade people to buy the new CPUs?

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Yjl,

You are right MSS 2017 doesn't supports Haswell.

Hi Ll,

Did sample_decode work well before you edited it? What hardware/driver do you use?

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos