Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode: -hw (bug in libmfxhw32.dll)

Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I faced a bug in mvc -hw decoding with libmfxhw32.dll (sample_decode from last INDE version).

sample_decode  mvc  -hw -i S120_3D_combined.h264 -i  output.yuv

Return on error: error code -1, .\src\pipeline_decode.cpp       1263
Return on error: error code 1,  .\src\sample_decode.cpp          382

Latest version with Intel HD Graphics drives 15.36.7, libmfxhw32.dll is file version 5.14.9.18,  product version 5.0.1533392.98782, date 3.10.2014

While
sample_decode  mvc  -sw -i S120_3D_combined.h264 -i  output.yuv
(i.e. software) decodes input combined stream without problems (but obviously much slower)!

Remark: Please note that legacy drivers 15.33.8 with libmfxhw32.dll (file version 4.13.10.3,  product version 4.0.1533427.69359, date 28.10.2013) work without any problems!

Attached is S120_3D_combined.h264 example

Could you please help/advise?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the logs. Yes I confirm this issue on Driver Version: 15.36.7.64.3960. But this issue has been fixed with the latest driver release. Please update to the latest graphic driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Sample file attached.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

I did not see any issue when we ran the same test case with the test clip you provided. Can you please send us the logs from these MediaSDK Tools, which will give us more information on your hardware and software versions. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Before a test I reinstalled drivers

Driver Version: 15.36.7.64.3960
Release Date: October 3, 2014
Windows 8.1 - 64bit

from installation package win64_15367.exe

Then ran the command

sample_decode  mvc  -hw -i S120_3D_combined.h264 -o output.yuv

with the same error result (while -sw worked well)

Attached are tracer logs.

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the logs. Yes I confirm this issue on Driver Version: 15.36.7.64.3960. But this issue has been fixed with the latest driver release. Please update to the latest graphic driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Driver Version 15.36.7.64.3960 is the latest publically available for 4600 Series on these pages at the moment.

Is/will be there any newer update available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

As explained, this issue has been fixed with the latest version of the driver. Latest version of the driver will be released and can be downloaded https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng. I expect the latest driver to be released shortly, but I don't have a specific timeline on the driver release. Please check out the download page for the latest updates and driver releases.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Thanks Harsh, for info.

I'll be patient :-) and keep checking the download page. Then I will report back

Frank

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

The latest graphics driver version 15.36.14.4080, is available for download. Please update to latest driver to fix the issue.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Frantisek_K_
Beginner

Wow! It is now Media SDK Version 1.13!

And confirmed, now it works as expected :-)

Issue is fixed!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Frank

0 Kudos