Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_decode won't decode h264 header

trustno1
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I've recently started to work on a h264 streaming decoder and renderer. As I'm quite a beginner in those fields,I downloaded the Intel Media SDK code samples to figure out how it basically works. The sample_decode project seemed to be the perfect sample for me. However, when I try to use it, it keep looping infinitely in the InitMfxParams method found in pipeline_decode.cpp

After some debugging and investigations, I found out that the header decoding is failing.

On line 626, this always return MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA, which causes the endless loop.

sts = m_pmfxDEC->DecodeHeader(&m_mfxBS, &m_mfxVideoParams);

I am using the following args : h264 -i s.mp4 -low_latency -r

With "s.mp4" being a h264 video file found here : http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

I am developing on Windows 10, VS2015. HD Graphics 530 with the latest drivers.

Do you have any idea of what's going wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi,

The sample app of the Media SDK only parses the elementary stream format of the video, the mp4 file in your example is the container of  multiple streams. To get the ES, you can use ffmpeg to demux the input file.

Mark

0 Kudos