Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

sample_decoder build problem - MFX_GPUCOPY_OFF undeclared

m_s_2
Beginner

Hi,
I could build and run the sample_encoder but I get several build errors as I try to build sample_decoder such as:

MFX_GPUCOPY_OFF: undeclared identifier
GPUCopy is not a member of mfxinitParam

Yours,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Minyi,

Intel Software manager (ISM) [https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-is-intel-software-manager ] tool downloads and installs updates for Intel software development products. Based on the system settings and user privileges on Windows* OS, ISM should be available following path:

32-bit:   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Intel Software Manager\ism.exe
64-bit:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Intel Software Manager\ism.exe

Please launch ism.exe from your start menu and you should see a notification on ISM dialog box about Media SDK update. Let me know if any further questions. 

Thanks , 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the version of your MSS or Media in INDE? We have seen this error if the system has older version of MediaSDK or the older version of MediaSDK still coexists with the latest one. In either case, please update to the latest version and only keep the latest version of MediaSDK. Please let us know if you still see the same error. Thanks!  

0 Kudos
m_s_2
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of INDE (2015 - update 2) and it is my first time installing it.
My windows is 10 and visual studio is 2013,

thanks,

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

INDE update 2 is the latest version of INDE suite, but the latest MediaSDK inside INDE came out end of July. You may run "mediasdk_system_analyzer_64" under <install-folder>/tools/mediask_sys_analyzer directory to see which version of MediaSDK is installed. The latest version number should be 6.0.0000.388. If yours is not the latest one, please update it then. Thanks!

0 Kudos
m_s_2
Beginner

Thanks for your response,
Media SDK version is 6.0.0.349, I couldn't find a place to download the version that you have mentioned, there is no standalone Media SDK on intel's website.
BTW, I commented two lines related to GPUCOPY and it is not complaining any more.

Yours,

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

There was an issue earlier in Intel Software Manager that not showing update for MediaSDK for Windows. Now the issue was resolved, and you should be able to update MediaSDK in Intel Software Manager. Please update to the latest Media SDK (version 388), and the error you see should go away without commenting out the two line with GPUCOPY. Let us know if you still see the error. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
minyi
Beginner

I also have the same issue.

I tried to use w_inde_online_2015.2.027.exe to install MediaSDK again and still got 6.0.0.349.

Where can I download Intel Software Manager?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Minyi,

Intel Software manager (ISM) [https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-is-intel-software-manager ] tool downloads and installs updates for Intel software development products. Based on the system settings and user privileges on Windows* OS, ISM should be available following path:

32-bit:   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Intel Software Manager\ism.exe
64-bit:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Intel Software Manager\ism.exe

Please launch ism.exe from your start menu and you should see a notification on ISM dialog box about Media SDK update. Let me know if any further questions. 

Thanks , 

0 Kudos
minyi
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

I can't open " Intel Software manager (ISM) [https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-is-intel-software-manager] "

Chrome gave me "Page Not Found" error. Is there any specific browser setup to open the link?

[update] Just found ISM in Users/xxx/AppData/Local/Intel Corporation/ism_current folder. I suppose it was installed with INDE bundle.

Now I can update to MediaSDK 6.0.0.388!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
m_s_2
Beginner

Hi Minyi,

Remove the bracket at the end of address. BTW, there is no need to open the link go to the path that Harsh has mentioned.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Minyi,

Glad you we able to update to latest msdk version. Please, make sure and add "ism.exe"(remove ") to environmental variables on your system. So, next time when a new msdk update is available you will receive automatic notification for ism about the update. Until then Happy coding!

Thanks,  

0 Kudos