Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_full_transcode: [ERROR] MFXVideoENCODE::Init, sts=-15

Matthew_C_
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am running the sample_full_transcode sample and get an error.

Here is what I am using as the command line input:

sample_full_transcode.exe -i H264file.264 -o H264toMp4.mp4 -format mp4

Here is my output:

pipeline_profile.cpp :161 [INFO] Track 0   : Video enabled
pipeline_manager.cpp :76 [INFO] Input     : H264file.264
pipeline_manager.cpp :77 [INFO] NumTracks : 1
pipeline_manager.cpp :78 [INFO] Output    : H264toMp4.mp4
session_storage.cpp :71 [INFO] Video library version: 1.8
...........transform_venc.cpp :167 [ERROR] MFXVideoENCODE::Init, sts=-15
main.cpp :58 [ERROR] Exiting...

Thoughts?  One potential problem is that when I go through MediaSDK Sample Guide, it tells me that I should Add “<install-folder>/thirdparty/ffmpeg/bin/win32” or “<install-folder>/thirdparty/ffmpeg/bin/x64” to PATH variable..  only the thirdparty/ffmpeg/ folder doesn't have a bin folder in it.. is it supposed to?  or am I supposed to compile it myself?

I did try copying the contents of ffmpeg/lib_<arch> into that bin folder as described here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integrating-intel-media-sdk-with-ffmpeg-for-muxdemuxing-and-audio-encodedecode-usages, but was still getting the same error.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Matthew,

please refer to my post on your other forum thread for details about the sample documentation,

"full_transcode" sample only support container->container transcode.  Not ES->container transcode use cases.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Matthew,

please refer to my post on your other forum thread for details about the sample documentation,

"full_transcode" sample only support container->container transcode.  Not ES->container transcode use cases.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos
Matthew_C_
New Contributor I

Edit, my bad.. should've looked up the error code first before posting here.   It is a MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM, means one of my parameters is wrong.

And Petter you answered my question in another thread... I'll check out readme-full-transcode.rtf which exists under 'Full Transcoding Sample 5.0.337.78585\sample_full_transcode'.  Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos