Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_multi_transcode problem

praktikantas_j
Beginner
Hi,

I want to try your transcoder, though when I'm using sample_multi_transcode.exe with parameters -i::vc1 myvideo.wmv -o::h264 myvideo.mp4, I get error codes in lines with function

MSDK_CHECK_RESULT(sts, MFX_ERR_NONE, sts)

That's what I see in cmd:
MFX SOFTWARE Session 0 API ver 1.4 parameters:
Input video: VC1
Output video: AVC
MFX dll: C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Media SDK 2012 R2\\bin\\win32\\libmfxsw32.dll

Session 0 was NOT joined with other sessions

Transcoding started

Return on error: error code -16, .\\src\\pipeline_transcode.cpp 665

Transcoding finished

Common transcoding time is 0.00 sec
MFX session 0 transcoding FAILED:
Processing time: 0.00 sec
Number of processed frames: 0

The test FAILED

Return on error: error code 1, .\\src\\sample_multi_transcode.cpp 495

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi there,

Sample_multi_transcode requires an elementary video stream as input and you pass a WMV container obviously. That's the most likely reason of the error you see.

The output stream will be elementary video stream as well (pure H.264, not MP4). So you need to extract pure video out of your container stream. You may check out the Media Developers Guide document on how to handle elementary streams.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos