Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_multi_transcode question

Celio_A_
Beginner

Hi

I wan't to know if are possible to crop vídeo with sample_multi_transcode, i want to crop top 20 botton 20 and resize from 1920x1080 to 1920x1040, can i do that? If are possible please can someone show me a example?

Regards

Celio

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

While the command line and par file parameters for sample_multi_transcode are very rich, they do not cover all possible things you can configure. 

To see cropping in the sample code, look at sample_vpp.  The settings to use are in the diagram below.  You define the region of interest by the crop on the input/source side, then you place it by the settings on the output/destination side.

This article has more information on the settings used: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/scaling-operations-in-intel-media-sdk

sample_vpp.exe -sw 640 -sh 480 -dw 352 -dh 288 -scrX 100 -scrY 100 -scrW 352 -scrH 288 -scc i420  -i test.yuv -o testout.yuv

In the example above, an input file of 640x480 is used.  A region with the left corner at 100,100 and a width and height of 352x288 is placed in the output frame of 352x288 with cropX/Y defaulting to 0.

You could add these settings to the VPP init function in pipeline_transcode.cpp.  However, what may be even more useful is to put these settings into the transcode tutorial with resize.  The tutorials can be downloaded here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/media-sdk-tutorials-for-client-and-server 

0 Kudos