Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_vpp.exe -lib hw can't work

Paul_Yang
Beginner
This is the command line:

sample_vpp.exe -lib hw -i megamind.yuv -o megamind.yuv

And the error return code from MFXInit turn out to be MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED.

But following can work:

sample_vpp.exe -lib sw -i megamind.yuv -o megamind.yuv

System:
Intel i5-2515E with 4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit english
Intel Media SDK 3.0 beta4
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Paul,

The VPP sample was written to expose all VPP features up to Media SDK API 1.3. To simplify the code the API version was hardcoded to 1.3 in CreateFrameProcessor function inside sample_vpp_utils.cpp.

Media SDK API 1.3 HW acceleration will not be available until the driver release for the next generation Intel processor early next year. This also correlates with the release of Media SDK 2012 (3.0) Gold.

You can still use the VPP sample with HW acceleration by changing the API version to 1.1. However, keep in mind that if you try to use any VPP features related to the 1.3 API, it will fail.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos