Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_vpp -> MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM

Dmitry_Gurulev
Beginner
Hi All, I'm trying to play with MSDK 2013. I've built sample_vpp video processing sample and try to execute it with following command line <-i "vpp\test_720x576.rgb24" -o "vpp\result.nv12" -lib hw -n 10 -sw 720 -sh 576 -scc rgb3 -dw 320 -dh 240 -dcc nv12> but I have status code MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM at line 436 of sts = pProcessor->pmfxVPP->QueryIOSurf(pParams, request); I've tried to use software (-lib sw), different CC combination (yuy2,yv12,rgb3,rgb4) including In==Out, but I have only the same error. Could you help me with this error? System info and Media SDK tracer logs are attached in vpp.zip archive.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dmitry_Gurulev
Beginner

Amendment -

QueryIOSurf works in h264_enc_filter sample (CEncVideoFilter class), but failed with MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM in sample_vpp even if exactly the same (bit-to-bit) mfxVideoParam is used. Soft or hard - doesn't matter.

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,

Using your sample_vpp command line and replicating it here on my side it looks like the issue your encountering is due to using input surface type RGB3. This surface type is deprecated and not supported anymore (the sample usage description unfortunately still lists RGB3, this is a documentation error).

If you change your command to use for instance RGB4 (-scc rgb4) it should work fine.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Gurulev
Beginner

Hi Peter,

As I see, Intel VPP supports nothing CC conversion except target is NV12 and source is YV12\YUY2. Where can I find the list of supported modes?

PS. What <mfxInfoVPP::ChromaFormat> is intended for? It seems to me VPP just ignore this field.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Gurulev
Beginner

OK, I found list at mediasdk-man - Table 2: Color Conversion Support in VPP, page 6

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Correct,  ChromaFormat is ignored for the vast majority of use cases.

0 Kudos