Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

sample_vpp

Steven_M_3
Beginner

I'm able to run sample_vpp on an rgb4 input file.  However,  whether I make the output file rgb4 (via the -dcc  option), or nv12  the output file is unplayable.  The program seems to execute correctly and a file is written.  However in GraphEdit the  file has GUID = GUID_NULL.  Is this by design?

Even if I make no changes  (i.e.  I don't use any of the options),  the file is still unplayable  and slightly shorter than the original file.  Are there some headers not written??

mags

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mags, 

I am able to get do color conversion with sample_vpp and able to play the o/p. I am using a YUV player to play the o/p with the help of changing the color option. 
There are few things I would like you to check 
1. Can you try any basic test like frame rate or denoising and see if you are able to play the o/p.
2. Please let me know what all changes you have made in the code and please send us your input. If it's too big, you can share it through syncplicity. 

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Steven_M_3
Beginner

Hi:

here is my command line

sample_vpp.exe -lib hw -sw 640 -sh 480 -dw 640 -dh 480 -scc rgb4 -dcc nv12 -i a.avi -o nv12

The nv12 file is created,  but I cannot play the file in any of the following programs:

Window Media Player,  VLC, SourFourge's yuvplayer  (dated 6/27/2014)

I made no modifications to sample_vpp, and in general the programs seems to work fine.  So perhaps the feature (i.e. to write headers to the created file) is not there by design?

If you have a yuv file player you'd recommend (instead of SourFourge's) let me know.

Mags

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven, 

You can use ffplay to play a nv12 input. With this you can play yuv,rgb,nv12 file. 
To play nv12 format, use this cmd  "ffplay.exe -s wxh -pix_fmt nv12 out.yuv"
VLC, windows media player needs container to play a file, due to which you are not able to play nv12 o/p. 
Hope that will help.

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos