Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

server2008 encode h264 MFXVideoENCODE_Init return MFX_WRN_PARTIAL_ACCELERATION

ran__peng
Beginner

I am using the Intel Media SDK 2017 R1 to use the hardware H264 encoder to encode video.

I have created a sample program to initialize the video session and initialize an encoder using the hardware encoder. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 for this.If I use the MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY implementation, I get the MFX_WRN_PARTIAL_ACCELERATION warning, and the encoding process isn't accelerated at all (the GPU usage is at 0%, and the CPU usaget is high when encoding).

My hardware infomation is below:

cpu:i7-6700

mem:32GB

intel gpu:hd530 driver version is 21.20.16.4860 (2017.11.15)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Peng,

The version you used should not support Windows Server 2008, see the following release notes:

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/ba/5b/mediasdk_release_notes_2017.pdf

This was support by Media Server Studio Windows and we have merged it to Media SDK windows release from this year, you should try Media SDK 2018R1 or later.

Mark

0 Kudos