Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

simple_2_decode does not compile with o3 level (g++ -o3)

vinay_k_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to play around decoder functionality for getting best performance from MFX engine. During that process i tried making optimization level from -o to -o3 (i.e g++ -o3). The code does not build giving lots of errors. I am on platform of 3rd generation i5 and using ubuntu3.8.0-23 kernel.Please let me know if any of you faced same problem and how did you resolved this.

Regards

Vinay

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I have not found a way to replicate the behavior you describe using the tutorials from the Media Solutions Portal. Also, since nearly all of the work is done on the GPU, compiler optimizations of the CPU side are not expected to have a large effect on performance.

0 Kudos