Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

simple_vpp tutorial, error at SyncOperation

dobszi14
Beginner

Hi,

I'm new to the Media SDK, still learning how to use it, I try to understand and run every tutorial project. However, I have a problem in the simple_4_vpp_resize_denoise tutorial (v0.0.3), I get this error: "Undefined behavior. c:\(...)\src\simple_vpp.cpp 249" This is in Stage 1, it seems that SyncOperation throws this error. Do you have any suggestions what could cause this problem?

Thanks,
Balint

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello Balint,

Thanks for your question. The tutorial you mention has been tested and works without any issue on a couple of platforms I tried. Given the behavior you are seeing, I suggest the following - 

1. The behavior you are seeing could be caused by unsupported platform or drivers. Please run the mediasdk_system_analyzer_<config>.exe in the tools/ folder of MediaSDK install folder. This tool will show you the supported platforms. Please ensure your host system is supported.

2. Try running the code with -sw option (enforcing software execution and not hardware).

If you have more questions, please send us a few more details that could be helpful, such as - your host system, drivers, OS used, and the input stream being used.

Thanks.

Sravanthi

0 Kudos