Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

software stack for media sdk

Zurab_T_
Beginner
I have purchased media sdk 2014 for servers. I downloaded linux version. There is only one hardware implementation, but in the documentation software implementation is mentioned. So where can i find it? How can i buy it or why do i need it? Why i have no hevc and voice support? I have ibm x3250 m5 werver with intel e3-1285 v3.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The Linux version of Media SDK for Servers only has a hardware implementation.  The main place where this is a limitation is when getting started with the samples.  Since they originated on Windows, which has a software implementation, the samples default to software mode but should work with the -hw flag.  You don't actually need it.  The main focus of Media SDK's mpeg2 and h264 implementation is on enabling developers to access the amazing speed of Intel's specialized video processing hardware.

Audio support was not included in the first 2014 release but it will be available in the next release (coming soon). 

An evaluation version of the Intel® Media SDK 2014 HEVC Software Pack can be obtained from the Media Solutions Portal.

0 Kudos
Zurab_T_
Beginner
Thank you jeffrey for the answer. I have one more question regarding the implementations. If there is only hardware implementation can i directly use implementation library except libmfx.a? Because i have some trouble crosscompiling using static library somehow sysroot isn't working and syatem isvuaing newer glibc which isn's supported on sles 11 sp 3.
0 Kudos