Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

strange issue with sys_analyzer on atom z2760

sandman_g_
Beginner

I install media sdk 2013 on my Samsung X500T1C atom win8 tablet, but when I run sys_analyzer, it cannot determine the OS arch so does it cannot find the installed media sdk packages. 

Any one has the same issue with me and could give me some advice how to fix it :(

C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK 2013\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\win32>sys_anal
yzer.exe
Intel Media SDK System Analyzer (32 bit)

The following versions of Media SDK API are supported by platform/driver:

Version Target Supported Dec Enc
1.0 HW Yes X X
1.0 SW Yes X X
1.1 HW Yes X X
1.1 SW Yes X X
1.3 HW Yes X X
1.3 SW Yes X X
1.4 HW Yes X X
1.4 SW Yes X X
1.5 HW Yes X X
1.5 SW Yes X X
1.6 HW Yes X X
1.6 SW Yes X X

Graphics Devices:
Name Version State
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 9.14.3.1128 Active

System info:
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z2760 @ 1.80GHz
Installed Media SDK packages (be patient...processing takes some time):

Analysis complete... [press ENTER]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure why you do not see 32-bit OS architecture and I am confused as to why a HW-accelerated version of 1.6 API is reported, as this platform did not support acceleration of 1.6.

I will check with Intel teams that support this platform.  Thank you for reporting your findings.

-Tony

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Is there any chance 'other software' has been installed on this platfrom?  The behavior you are showing would be expected if someone put DLLs from another platform (Intel Core, Celeron, Pentium, etc.) onto the system.

0 Kudos
sandman_g_
Beginner

Tony Pabon (Intel) wrote:

Is there any chance 'other software' has been installed on this platfrom?  The behavior you are showing would be expected if someone put DLLs from another platform (Intel Core, Celeron, Pentium, etc.) onto the system.

That's really strange. when the first time I installed the SDK, and running the sample_decode, it showed "cannot find the codec", then I ran the system_analyzer, it didn't show the arch info and the installed codec. After I installed the graphics driver 9.14.3.1130 from intel website, the sys_analyzer output is the same, but at least, the sample_decode is running ok :)

BTW, i've checked the registry and the related directories ( program files\common files\intel\media sdk\, program files\intel\medi sdk 2013\) all looks ok 

0 Kudos
sandman_g_
Beginner

Tony Pabon (Intel) wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure why you do not see 32-bit OS architecture and I am confused as to why a HW-accelerated version of 1.6 API is reported, as this platform did not support acceleration of 1.6.

I will check with Intel teams that support this platform.  Thank you for reporting your findings.

-Tony

the installed video driver is 9.14.3.1128, after I installed the driver 9.14.3.1130, the sys_analyzer outputs the driver version is 9.14.3.1128, but with the hw-accelerated 1.6 API support. Then I reboot the os, the output shows that hw-accelerated 1.6 API did not support.

0 Kudos