Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

stream decoding multithreading in the Qt Enviroment at Centos 7

johnson_j_
New Contributor I

Hi:

I  write a program using multithreading (one session per thread) for decoding multi-channel   stream decoding in the Qt Enviroment at Centos 7. I find the cpu usage is much bigger than the calculation: thread_number * one-thread's-cpu-usage, 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Johnson,

Could you please provide more details on this problem: e.g. do you have any data which shows that it is Media Server Studio functions taking more CPU when multiple channels are decoded?  What are the numbers of CPU usage, i.e. how big is the difference? Can you replicate the same effect if you run several instances of simple_2_decode tutorial/sample_decode sample?

Regards,

Nina

0 Kudos
johnson_j_
New Contributor I

Maybe it is display issue  not decoding issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos