Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

supported codec in different platform s

MyMother
Beginner

hi,

Do you know where can I confirm the supported codec(h264/5, VP8/9, encode/decode) in different platforms ??

MediaSamples_Linux_6.0.16043175.175

MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R6

Platform:  i5-4570S

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi There, 

All this info is not present at one common place, but I can summarize it below for Linux platform - 

• H265 encode/decode is available only through Media Server Studio professional edition.
    H265 HW acceleration is available from 6th generation forward. On 5th generation and below you can choose to use sw or hybrid implementation for encode and sw only implementation for h265 decode. 
  • H264 encode and decode is available on all the generation core processor i.e. 4th, 5th or 6th generation. 
  • Vp8 decode hw accelerated is available from 5th generation and onward and Vp8 encode has hybrid implementation support on 5th generation. Vp9 decode hw acceleration will be available from 6th generation onwards. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos