Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

supported processors in Media SK 19.2.0

Santagata__Francesco

Hi, 

In the release notes I find this list:

Intel® Celeron®and Pentuim® processorscodenamed "Apollo Lake I"
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v4 Family with C226 chipset
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 and E3-1500 v5 Family with C236 chipset
5th Generation Intel® Core™
6th Generation Intel® Core™
7th Generation Intel® Core™
8th Generation Intel® Core™
9th Generation Intel® Core™
10th Generation Intel® Core™

I've got some questions about:

• The only Xeon (enterprise server processor) are the one listed and so the latest Intel Xeon E3 v6 are not supported ?
  • For instance the Xeon E3-1585 v5 comes with a Iris Pro P580. I guess is the Iris Pro that does the hardware processing. There will be further products like the Iris Pro in the future  ? Are they going to come with a new Xeon ?
  • Can you indicate the End of Sales of the E3-1585 v5 and E3-1585L v5 processors ?
  • The release notes states that a lot of gen of core processors are supported. Do they need to have a grafic processor like the HD 4600 to accellerate encoding ? I mean 9th gen Core i3-9300T will work as well as Core i3-9100F of the same gen ? the latter is missing the UHD 630.

I'm sorry of bothering with so much question that implies some times to answer, but we are starting a whole transcoding farm based on E3-1585 v5 and we want to be sure that the hardware is not end of sales or the will be Enterprise alternatives in the future.

BR

Francesco

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Santagata,

We should support E3v5 and E3v6.

Could you check following link to see if it helps?

https://github.com/intel/media-driver#features-in-open-source-build

Let me know if there is still items not covered.

Mark

0 Kudos