Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

the error of simple screen capture,help me,thank you!

keiyuen__feng
Beginner

hello,nice to meet you:

i'm download the ZIP:https://software.intel.com/zh-cn/articles/intel-media-sdk-screen-capture,(simple_screen_capture.zip)
x64/Debug/
         22d62c07e672408fbb4cc20ed7a053e4/mfxplugin64_screen_capture.dll
        22d62c07e672408fbb4cc20ed7a053e4/plugin.cfg
        lib/igfx_s3dcontrol
        lib/libmfx.lib
        lib/libmfx_d.lib
        lib/sample_common.lib
        libmfxaudiosw64.dll
        libmfxsw64.dll
        tutorial_screen_capture.exe
my input commondline:
tutorial_screen_capture.exe -n 500 -w 1920 -h 1080 -enc -enc_codec 'avc' -enc_file test1.avc

ERROR:
Started
Failed to Query DEcoder
Assertion failed:mfxSts==MFX_ERR_NONE,file tutorial_screen_capture.cpp,line 692
MY QUESTION:how can i successful use the tutorial_screen_capture.exe????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Keiyun,

It looks like you are putting runtime dll files and sample binary in the same directory, this maybe the cause.

You have to install the Media SDK first and then build and run the sample code.

We have stopped screen capture feature in MSDK product, to use it, you have to use Media Server Studio for Windows or Media SDK 2017 R1, sorry I don't have these release in my system, so I didn't try it.

Mark 

0 Kudos
keiyuen__feng
Beginner

Can you recommend an efficient screen capture method for Windows 7?WIN10 can use dxgi. What about win7?I really need it, thanks!I hope to receive your reply and wish you a smooth work!Thank you!

0 Kudos
keiyuen__feng
Beginner

Can you recommend an efficient screen admission method for Windows 7?WIN10 can use dxgi. What about win7?I really need it, thanks!I hope to receive your reply and wish you a smooth work!Thank you!

Liu, Mark (Intel) wrote:

Hi Keiyun,

It looks like you are putting runtime dll files and sample binary in the same directory, this maybe the cause.

You have to install the Media SDK first and then build and run the sample code.

We have stopped screen capture feature in MSDK product, to use it, you have to use Media Server Studio for Windows or Media SDK 2017 R1, sorry I don't have these release in my system, so I didn't try it.

Mark 

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Keiyuen,

This question is out of our product scope, but let me try to check with dev team. I will let you know if I got an answer.

Mark 

0 Kudos
keiyuen__feng
Beginner

Thank you for your reply and look forward to your good news.everything goes well with your work.

Liu, Mark (Intel) wrote:

Hi Keiyuen,

This question is out of our product scope, but let me try to check with dev team. I will let you know if I got an answer.

Mark 

0 Kudos