Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

transcoding(one input + two output)

donglin_q_
Beginner

Hi Bjoern,

Currently i am making the following transcoding scenario below: (one input , two output with different resolution)

|-> VPP resize to D1 -> D1 encode -> RTP(or FILE)

RTP(or File)  -> 720P decode -> YUV420 Frame (Video Memory) |

|-> VPP resize to CIF -> CIF encode -> RTP(or FILE)

as for upper block ,i have two issues to make sure:

1.  one decode raw frame can be used by two VPP processor simultaneously , does it work? or any special usage to pay attention by application? 

2.  i prepare to use three threads to handle upper scenario (except rtp handle), one for 720P decode, the other two for VPP resize and encode. is there any better or simple method to achieve this transcoding session?  any comments are well appreciated! 

Thanks,

Denny

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny,

Transcoding (one input +two outputs) can be achieved using the sample_multi_transcode in the sample package here (http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support). Using a par file, sample_multi_transcode allows multiple concurrent (or joined) sessions (decoding, vpp, encoding) be executed at the same time. To learn more about sample_multi_transcode, please refer to readme-multi-transcode document included in the sample package. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Denny,

Transcoding (one input +two outputs) can be achieved using the sample_multi_transcode in the sample package here (http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support). Using a par file, sample_multi_transcode allows multiple concurrent (or joined) sessions (decoding, vpp, encoding) be executed at the same time. To learn more about sample_multi_transcode, please refer to readme-multi-transcode document included in the sample package. Thank you!

0 Kudos
donglin_q_
Beginner

Thank you very much!!!

rtp handle module (jitterbuffer) will integrated into my project ,do you have any suggestions for rtp integration , this issue perhaps is out of scope of media sdk , much appreciated if you have related experience for reference!

BestRegards,

Denny

0 Kudos