Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

trouble in h264 decoding

nbkjbo
Beginner
H264Stream.264

I got a corruption when I decode a 264 stream(H264Stream.264), and if I decode it use the sample_dshow.exe[media sdk 1.5 gold], it corrupted.

IF I use another media sdk[media sdk 2.0 beta], it's ok, butthe performance is slower than 1.5 gold.

SO how can i fix the corruption?

HELP!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

I checked the attached file, and do see the corruption. I see it with 1.5 SW, 2.0 SW,and the Microsoft Codec as well.

I am interested in the case where you DID see it play cleanly. You say its Ok in 2.0? How was this file encoded?

As for it being slower. If you are using 1.5 GOLD with HW that support it, then switching to 2.0 Beta its expected that the performance would be different. The samples are using the 2.0 API and theres no HW to support it out yet, so its falling back to decode using the CPU.

-Eric

0 Kudos