Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

v3 beta 3 problem with directshow

flobadobatwork
Beginner
I have a directshow graph for grabbing an image from a video file which works fine using v2 but not with v3 beta 3. The graph looks like this...

Async file source -> Intel MP4 splitter -> Intel h264 decoder -> My CTransInPlace image grabber -> Null Renderer.

The image grabber filter just writes the IMediaSample to a file. The problem is that CTransInPlaceFilter::Transform is never called on the image grabber filter. Using the v2 SDK I just connected the filters as described, called IMediaSeeking::SetPositions then Paused the graph, then CTransInPlaceFilter::Transform would be called. Using the v3 SDK I can not get the Transform method to be called. Even Running the graph doesn't work.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi,

There were some changes from beta2 to beta3 in DShow decoder filter which could affect your scenario. But I cannot tell more as I don't have your filter to debug. I can only tell that decoder works fine with with several other filters that we test with, including Null Renderer. So I would suggest you to debug the source code of decoder filter to localize the root of behavior change.

Will look forward to more details from you.

Thanks,
Nina
0 Kudos