Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

vaapiparse_h264 element

Engin_F_
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to produce element named vaapiparse_h264 from source code of gstreamer-vaapi. I have obtained the version 0.6.0  from 01.org.

Whenever I have compiled the source code, I cannot get the vaapiparse_h264 element. I have tried the following flags in configuration phase.

--enable-builtin-videoparsers=no --enable-builtin-codecparsers=no

Could you please help me to produce the specified element?

Moreover, why this element exists? What is it for?

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Engin,

vaapiparse_h264 is used to get frame information in bitstream for following processing. Question regarding element in Gstreamer is beyond the support of Media SDK. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Engin_F_
Beginner

Actually I saw lots of answers to gstreamer related questions. I am asking a question about an element that is developed by Intel and published 01.org. 

Do these forums have a section related to gstreamer-vaapi? I have written to libva mailing list and gstreamer-devel list but I could not get any answer. 

I have spent too much time to get that element work without any success and meanwhile I got no support. 

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Engin,

MediaSDK and Gstreamer-vaapi are two separate things, though they both use vaapi. You may try to get help from Gstreamer-vaapi on 01.org, but there is no specific forum section for it. Other experienced Gstreamer-vaapi developers in this forum may also help, but Media SDK does not support that.

0 Kudos