Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

video display on linux platform

johnson_j_
New Contributor I

Hi Intel:

I want to have a video player on linux platform.

On decoding part, i will use intel media server SDK, but on display part,  which module should i  use, do you have any suggestions ?

Thx!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Johnson,

I believe you are looking for a player to play the decoded output. You can use ffplay to play the bitstream and a yuv player to run any YUV's. I hope I have got your question right.

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
johnson_j_
New Contributor I

Does media SDK and opengl  work together ok? 

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

In general, Media SDK for Linux Servers is focused on headless use cases.  Methods to display locally aren't a priority.  The samples illustrate how to display via X11, but using this path isn't recommended for most cases because when Media SDK is initialized this way an active X session is always required.  Because of this the X11 path in the samples isn't well optimized and may contain bugs -- it isn't intended to show a suggested way to implement rendering.

Media SDK works with VAAPI surfaces in Linux and there should be ways to interoperate with OpenGL.  However, since this forum is focused on helping with Media SDK we may not be able to provide much help with the display component.    

0 Kudos
johnson_j_
New Contributor I

whare are the samples illustrate how to display via X11?   

0 Kudos