Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

vpp sample: output format is only NV12 ?

rshal2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to ask about vpp sample application,

What is the reason that the output format is limited to NV12 (according to  readme-vpp.pdf) ?

I don't understand where/why this limitation comes from.

Regards,

Ran

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Ran,

Sample applications provided demonstrate how to use MediaSDK API as reference and are not to be considered as production ready. Specifically with Vpp sample output format support is nv12 as in general most of encoders/decoders work with NV12 (with exception of JPEG/MJPEG). I would like to mention this limitation is with the sample but not with MediaSDK product itself. MediaSDK supports various VPP color space conversion formats (other than output format NV12) as described in MSDK reference manual (page no.7, Table 2). You can modify sample vpp to perform conversion to different output format as described in the MediaSDK manual and suitable for your use case.

Thanks,

0 Kudos