cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

vtun_amplifier_xe_2017: Warning: Cannot locate debugging symbols for file `xxx'

hi

I install vtun_amplifier_xe_2017 in CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core) by root,and it installed in /opt/intel, and i run the samples with amplex_gui in below:

[root@localhost ~]# cd /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2017.0.2.478468/samples/en/C++

[root@localhost C++]# tar -xvzf tachyon_vtune_amp_xe.tgz

[root@localhost C++]# cd tachyon/

[root@localhost tachyon]# make

[root@localhost tachyon]# ls
android  common  dat  Makefile  res  src  tachyon_analyze_locks  tachyon_find_hotspots  tbbforexamples

[root@localhost tachyon]# cd /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2017.0.2.478468/bin64/

[root@localhost bin64]# ls
amplxe-androidreg.sh  amplxe-gui        amplxe-python       amplxe-runss.py   aps.sh       gui-freeze-handler  mem_bench  prepare-debugfs.sh  sep.events    stackcollector
amplxe-cl             amplxe-perf       amplxe-python-exec  amplxe-sniper.py  crashreport  k1om                pin        reserve_pmu         sps-start.sh
amplxe-feedback       amplxe-perf-sync  amplxe-runss        aps.py            emon         map.events          pinbin     sep                 sps-stop.sh

[root@localhost bin64]# ./amplxe-gui

first, I add new Project, Project name: tachyon,  Location: /root/intel/amplxe/projects,

then, From the left pane, select the local target system from the Accessible Targets group, From the right pane select the Launch Application target type

then, Specify and configure the target: For the Application field, browse to /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2017.0.2.478468/samples/en/C++/tachyon/tachyon_find_hotspots, For the Application parameters field, enter /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2017.0.2.478468/samples/en/C++/tachyon/dat/balls.dat

then, click the Choose Analysis button on the right to switch to the Analysis Type tab

then, From the analysis tree on the left, select Algorithm Analysis > Basic Hotspots

Finally,Click the Start button on the right command bar to run the analysis

the result in Collection Log:

Result finalization has completed with warnings that may affect the representation of the analysis data. please see details below.

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libpthread.so.0'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libXext.so.6'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libbc.so.6'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libX11.so.6'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libm.so.6'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2017.0.2.478468/lib64/libtpsstool.so.0'

Cannot locate debugging symbols for file '/lib64/libxcb.so.1'

how can i do the warning?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Seven,

Try to address your question to the VTune forum: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe 

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

ok, thanks!

0 Kudos