Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

warning lnk4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb" was not found

madshi_net
Beginner
Hello,

when compiling my project with MSVC++ 2005 and the latest Media SDK 3 beta, I'm getting these warnings:

libmfx.lib(main.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_critical_section.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_dispatcher.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_dxva2_device.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_function_table.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_library_iterator.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
libmfx.lib(mfx_win_reg_key.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with 'libmfx.lib' or at 'vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

A google search leads me to this:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/e3d0fcf4-84e5-478e-a44e-131449408df3/

Are you compiling the libmfx.lib with /Zi or /ZI? If so, would it be possible to compile the next release without /Zi and /ZI to fix these warnings?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi,

You are totally right, we used to compile with /zi. The MSDK 3.0 Beta3 update will be available very soon and will have the corrected options already.

Thank you for reporting this!

Nina
0 Kudos
madshi_net
Beginner
Thanks... :-)
0 Kudos
Buggy_Zwo
Beginner
We'reusing the latest version (it says 3.0.774.38156 in the release notes), and we're still getting these warnings. It would be nice if you guys could fix this. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,
Can you make sure you have re-linked you application with the libmfx.lib from the latest release?
Thanks,
Nina
0 Kudos
Buggy_Zwo
Beginner

Hi Nina,

thank you for your reply. The problem occurs when we link (during a rebuild) the Debug build, so it's libmfxmd.lib that's causing problems. I have just reinstalled the SDK from http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/2464/w_MSDK-2012_p_3.0.014_GOLD.zip . Here are the MD5 checksums if that helps:
G:\dev\src\ThirdParty\IntelMediaSDK\lib\win32>fciv -md5 libmfxmd.lib
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
aae749e3e827a0df76a9ec6943ae6dd1 libmfxmd.lib
90f0779fcea099473e9a144b4276f7b5 libmfx.lib

The linker warnings:

1>libmfxmd.lib(main.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(main.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_critical_section.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_critical_section.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_dispatcher.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_dispatcher.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_dxva2_device.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_dxva2_device.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_function_table.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_function_table.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_library_iterator.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_library_iterator.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_load_dll.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.
1>libmfxmd.lib(mfx_win_reg_key.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "vc80.pdb" wurde nicht mit "libmfxmd.lib(mfx_win_reg_key.obj)" oder an "G:\dev\src\test\vc80.pdb" gefunden; Objekt wird verknpft, als ob keine Debuginformationen vorhanden wren.

0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
I see the issue now. The problem is that compile options were fixed in libmfx.lib, but not in libmfxmd.lib you are using. Thanks for reporting this, we will fix in the upcoming Media SDK 2012 Gold Update.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
Hiroshi_O_
Beginner

FYI, I still see this issue with VS2012 + libmfx.lib from Media SDK 2014 for Client.

I know Microsoft will fix this issue by allowing us to ignore this warning. Our project still stays on VS2012 for a while, though :-(

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/176188/can-not-disable-warning-lnk4099

I hope Intel can simply provides PDB associated with this libmfx.lib, though.

0 Kudos
Greg3
Beginner

It's a few years since the original post, yet this issue still occurs with libmfx.lib.

It would be great to have these noisy warning removed by intel since LNK4099 is not ignorable on VS2010 and earlier.

0 Kudos
celli4
New Contributor I

Another vote for fixing this.

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

libmfx is open source. Source files can be found at \MediaSDK\opensource\mfx_dispatch. You can build desired library yourself: for any vs/crt version, with or without debug symbols, etc.

0 Kudos